Great news for the scan results, if the PC is clean there is no report The items flagged by ESET where more than likely what it found in the Quarantine folder for OTL, I will get an OTL scan from you here to make sure all is well.
That widget is for website display. If you look at your Browser Add-ons Bit-Defender should be installed.
1. ENSURE AUTOMATIC UPDATES ARE ENABLED
All security updates released by Microsoft must be Automatically Installed.
- Click Start and in the search box type windows update and press ENTER.
- Click Change Settings and make sure the Install updates automatically (recommended) option is selected, if not select it and click O.K to save settings.
2. UPDATE ADOBE
Adobe is bundled with Chrome, Google toolbar and or McAfee Security Scan. Uncheck the boxes before downloading Adobe Reader.
3. Do You Need Java? Please read:
- Java is one of the most exploited software at this time and the majority of home users can do without it. Installing the latest updates is also important
- The easiest way to find out if Java is needed is to disable Java in your web browser. (see link below)
- If a trusted program or webpage asks for Java then enable it, otherwise Uninstall completely using JavaRa
Update or Remove Java
- Use this link to download JavaRa
- Run JavaRa.exe, then click on Remove Java Runtime.
- Select the Java version you have from the drop down list, and then click on Run Uninstaller
- Press Yes if it asks to uninstall the product.
- Allow the uninstaller to remove the installed version.
- Follow the next steps only if you want to keep Java install the latest version
- When its finished, go back to JavaRa, and click Back
- Click on Update Java Runtime and then select Download and install latest version.
- Press Next
- Press Java Manual Download.
- A browser window will open with the Java download page.
- Click the Windows offline link to download Java.
- Run the installer.
- Close JavaRa
4. OTL Custom Scan
- Right click the OTL icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Select the following boxes:
- Scan All Users
- Include 64bit Scans - If present.
- Use Company-Name WhiteList
- Skip Microsoft Files
- Use No-Company-Name WhiteList
- LOP Check
- Now Click Run Scan
- OTL will now scan your computer and produce a log file OTL.txt
- Please post in your next reply
Things I want to see in your next post.
- How are things running now?
Edited by Nutloaf, 15 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.