Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turn off Guest account W8

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm out of ideas. I see if any of the other folks here can help.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Saw your thread over on eightforums.com about this.

So it wasn't the Guest account, but a Guest2 wireless connection you wanted to get rid of.

If it comes back again, this should allow you to remove it: Manage wireless network profgiles

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I am a bit confused as the other thread said it was my neighbors wifi which my pc was picking up. when i drove away from my house it dissappeared from off my pc - so assumed they were right? so i cant get rid of it?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If it reappears when you go home again you may be able to get rid of it, but maybe not as all that is being shown to you are the wireless access points available to you from where you are.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
yes as I was told

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
There is this one, Im not sure if it will hide the account if its disabled thought:

http://www.tech-reci...n-login-screen/