Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vprotect [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MKHindman

MKHindman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run scans weekly. I checked that vprotect was in the list of applications via Task Manager and ran the quick scan. It did not find the program/virus. Any other suggestions.......I saw instructions on using the registry but would rather use the simpler method.

What should my next step be? Thanks

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo, MKHindman

My name is Machiavelli and I'll try to fix your PC problems. If you are in SafeMode then print my instructions! Removing Malware on a computer can be very complicated. Malware (malicious software) is able to hide and so I may not be able to find it so easily. In order to remove Malware from you Computer, you need to follow my instructions carefully. Don't be worried if you don't know what to do, just ask me! Please stay in contact with me until the problem is fixed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

!NOTE! Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.

I am currently in training and my posts will need to be reviewed by an expert, so expect a slight delay between posts. :)

I'll come back to you ASAP.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Hello MKHindman!

Download zoek.exe to your desktop. (the zip file and extract the folder to your Desktop)
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe
  • Start Zoek.exe as Administartor
  • Copy and paste the following script in the text box of ZOEK.
    createsrpoint;
    StandardSearch;
    installer-list;
    installedprogs;
    uninstall-list;
    DIR /S /A:L "%systemdrive%\*">>"%temp%\log.txt";b

• click on the button "Run script".
  • When finished, please post the logfile for further review. (Logfiles saved under your root directory - %SYSTEMDRIVE%\zoek-results.log)

Please don't forget to post this Logfile in your next answer:

• ZOEK Log

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Sorry, a correction to the Post above: Please download ZOEK from here. Please follow the other steps above. Thanks!

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Are you still with me? If you have any issues with the instructions just ask!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.