Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with saving/installing certain things

• Please log in to reply

Triggy

Triggy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello. First of all, great site you have here. It has helped me a number of times. I'm not sure whether or not this topic goes here, so sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.

Now... I have a bit of a problem with my computer.

When I try and save things, then the hourglass cursor appears, and whatever browser I happen to be in (Windows explorer, Firefox etc.) stops responding and I have to close it. Certain installations also don't work.

Any ideas? I've ran Norton, Ad-Aware, and Ewido Suite Security. All come up with the normal spyware/virus threats I sometimes get. I remove them, but it doesn't fix this odd problem...

(Try and bare with me, I'm not quite computer savvy)

EDIT: I know that it is not a problem with the hard drive because I just got a new one, and reformatting does nothing.

Edited by Triggy, 08 June 2005 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements