Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

White screen in HP machine with Vista OS [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

camaslily

camaslily

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We logged on to our computer this morning and it goes to the main screen really quickly it then goes to the white screen with the cursor and circle. If I do a ctrl alt delete it will I can shut it down or restart but I can't get to the task manager page. When it restarts I can see that the task manager is open but it shuts down and I can't do anything with the task manager. I saw another post similar to this where you had provided file that could be accesses through repair mode. I was wondering if this is what I need to do as well. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisements

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.

Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.

Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help?

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.