Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Gaming Rig Need help out of touch

• Please log in to reply

Cobolt

Cobolt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

I need help, I've been out of the pc world for a couple of years now and looking at all the kit available and don't recognise a huge amount of it i'm looking at building my gaming own rig (Putting it together I'm fine) but actually what's hot and what's not im no longer in touch with.

Im looking at a budget of £1300 ish :lol: you know how I normally works out, will probably get my parts from ebuyer as overclockers seems to be slightly more unless advised otherwise, is there anything I should definitely be avoiding atm ?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Cobolt and Posted Image
You will find a balnnced gaming build for your consideration on CPP at the link below.
I have not included a keyboard/mouse or monitor.
The PSU is more than capable of running the rig with one GPU installed but would need to be a higher wattage if you are considering going two cards.
RAM is low profile which performs as well as ones with fancy heat sinks. Also insures no height clearance problems if you decide to use an after market cooler at a later date.
GPU with 4GB memory giving options for large screen or multi monitor set up, could go with 2GB if you wish.
we can change things around, say if you prefer a different case.

> http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/24y0T