• 503 posts

I meant Read-only attribute.

Advertisements

selohu

selohu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hola, buenas:

Me gustaría aprender a manejar este fantástico software, que me aconsejarían para aprender primero con este sofware?. Como podría empezar a aprender a manejarlo?. Gracias

picasso

picasso

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 205 posts
  • MVP

Hi selohu,

The tutorial explains well how to operate FRST as a tool. So I guess you mean how to analyse logs. See post #143.

Alduin

Alduin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hola, buenas:

Me gustaría aprender a manejar este fantástico software, que me aconsejarían para aprender primero con este sofware?. Como podría empezar a aprender a manejarlo?. Gracias

Learn more about Windows and Malware & FRST and RESEARCHING (very important) and you will have a good understanding by checking logs and creating fixlists. It might sound simple but it's not ive been doing malware removal for 4 years and took me quite a while to get hang of it. Also one good thing is if you don't find any information about a file/driver/service analyze it in vm to see what it is and what it does and where it comes from. Usually i see Malware Removal experts remove legtimate files because they don't find any info about it and one of those files can actually be legitimate files from microsoft. Everything you see infront of your eyes on the logs is there for a reason and not bunch of random stuff, Use it and search propley. I could explain what more to look for and remove and keep on going but this is atleast most of the important things you need to learn.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi selohu,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

Google Translator:

¿Habla usted Inglés? El inglés fluido se requiere para aplicar a la universidad de Geek aquí en el programa de entrenamiento de la eliminación del malware de GeeksToGo.

Donna :)

selohu

selohu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Me gustaría, pero el inglés no es lo mío. Gracias traductor google.

Edited by selohu, 12 July 2017 - 05:32 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
De acuerdo. No soy fluido en español por lo que google tendrá que hacer por el momento. Comprobaré alrededor para ver si alguno de mis asociados sabe de un programa de entrenamiento que se enseña en español.

Herman_Salim

Herman_Salim

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Maybe Farbar can add a new Directive or Operator, so we can to leave a Note Or Comment in fixlist.txt that will not be prosess and just Print it again to fixlog.txt.

Thank you..

picasso

picasso

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 205 posts
  • MVP

I don't know why you need that. In my opinion "Fix" script is not a place for "notes", it should stay as clean / short as possible showing only what was included/processed, to not distract analysing.

Alduin

Alduin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Is it possible for Farbar that when you run FRST each time, the name of the MainWindowTitle changes every time to random words and numbers?

Edited by Alduin, 14 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

Advertisements

Herman_Salim

Herman_Salim

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

I don't know why you need that. In my opinion "Fix" script is not a place for "notes", it should stay as clean / short as possible showing only what was included/processed, to not distract analysing.

If there are may line of fixlist, sometime we can skip any important line (human mistake). So, if we add a comment "Don't skip this", it will appear also in fixlog, so we can't skip it anymor.

farbar

farbar

Developer

• Expert
  • 503 posts

Is it possible for Farbar that when you run FRST each time, the name of the MainWindowTitle changes every time to random words and numbers?

This is not something I'm willing to do regardless of the purpose of which I guess might be hiding FRST from malware tools. I have not seen such a malware yet, but if it existed, we can always think of a temporary tool and keep the main tool as it is.

If there are may line of fixlist, sometime we can skip any important line (human mistake). So, if we add a comment "Don't skip this", it will appear also in fixlog, so we can't skip it anymor.

I'm sorry. We can't cover the human mistakes fully.

Herman_Salim

Herman_Salim

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

@farbar: It's ok, thank you for the Response.. :)

Alduin

Alduin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I would be glad if you can create that "temporary tool" since iv'e seen one malware doing it. And that malware also boots in safe mode trough shell explorer and is also listed on loaded modules. it uses MainWindowTitle to block programs such as AV/AM and some windows files. So i mean it would be very nice if u could do it.

farbar

farbar

Developer

• Expert
  • 503 posts

Please give me a reference to the topic or any source explaining the malware. In case you have access to a sample it will be great to have it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FRST, farbar, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.