Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont enter Bios or OS after HDD encryption

• Please log in to reply

livyf60

livyf60

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an hp g72 and I encrypted my hard drive with truecrypt and I am unable to to anything with my computer now for the most part. In truecrypt setup i chose to not encrypt the startup files (I ask asked if i wanted to encrypt them and it said some computers need theses to be unencryted and some work fine without). If the HDD is plugged in, I cant do anything at all. I tried to get into bios and it recognizes that i press the key by saying something along the lines of "press f10 to enter bios" where it had said "press esc for options", then it goes to a black screen where I can not type. When I remove the HDD I can acces bios and I changed the startup delay to 5 sec (to possibly give me more time to enter bios) and i changed boot order to boot from cd (my truecrypt recovery cd) but neither helped. Now my computer will boot from the cd if there is no HDD but I have the same problem when I put the HDD back in. I have also cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for 5 min. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi livyf60

FYI

Problem to boot after true crypt encryption (HP Products.)

This is a problem with the Insyde BIOS.

See Here and Here

I have no first hand experience, nor do I know if the proposed fixes given at the links provided work, I only supply information.

Please read all the information at links. You may also Google "truecrypt hp" and see the various links concerning your issue.

Thanks
Joe :)