Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing a DVD movie on the D: drive

• Please log in to reply

chiefsbro

chiefsbro

• Pip
  • 3 posts
If I watched a movie on the D: drive of my laptop will my computer automatically store it somewhere else after it has been played? Or is it just a one time deal once the movie is played and removed the computer does not recognize it anymore? Thanks.

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
If you mean does it save it to the drive? No, it doesn't but it'll buffer it for playback.

chiefsbro

chiefsbro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes that is what I meant. What do you mean by it will buffer for playback? It has been months since I watched it on there. When I go to media player I can't find it anywhere. How could I find it again? Where should I be looking? If you can't tell I don't want it anywhere on my computer if it is still there somewhere. I need someone that knows what they are doing to help me. Thanks for the help.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Most likely the buffering is done in the Windows temp folder and it doesn't save anything. Once you remove the media it's erased.

chiefsbro

chiefsbro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So what you are telling me that it is most likely gone and there are likely no traces of it left on my computer anywhere since when I search for it I can't find it anywhere. Right? Thanks again.

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
You can open your media player and go to settings. There you'll find what it uses for temp folder and you can look in there. It might also give you an option of purging it (if needed).

Edited by Brazened, 21 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.