Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beeping from Headphones from Soundcard

• Please log in to reply

Badaboom

Badaboom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Creative SoundBlaster Z sound cardwith accompanying microphone. I also have a Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones. Both was working excellent for me. However, last night when I was listening to a video through the headphones, the cord was getting tangled in the back so I unplugged the headphones from the soundcard to untangle the cord and replugged it back in. I replugged it back in and got bit of a static shock and loud beeping noises started emitting from the headphones. I restarted, and plugged them in...same thing. I plugged my headphones into my iphone and it worked. I plugged the headphone into the speaker jack of the soundcard and it worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the soundcard and every time I plug in the headphone to the headphone jack it does that loud beeping.

Did I somehow fry the headphone jack on the soundcard?

Any suggestions?

Advertisements