Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aspire MC805 Desktop - No boot - need win 7

• Please log in to reply

mrvicar

mrvicar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A friend bought a brand new aspire desktop MC805 running Windows 8. She wanted Windows 7 as she hated Windows 8.
To cut a long story short, it wouldn't boot from CD/DVD in windows 8 or it would of been an easy format and install. So I removed the hard drive, put it in another machine and low level format and full format and the hdd working fine and tested on my machine.
I put it back in the Aspire to load the Os (Win 7) but still no boot option on the Aspire from CD/DVD or an external USB attached DVD.
I fully checked bios options and boot priority, no joy. I reset bios via motherboard jumper, no joy. How can I get this machine to boot from DVD to install the new OS?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts
Hi Mrvicar :welcome:

You need to disable Secure Boot on the UEFI BIOS, in some cases you need to enable CSM Compatibility Support Module option check this post.

By the way when you solve you problem don't forget to post the solution in all the forums you post about this problem :)