Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won‘t start

• Please log in to reply

snooplove

snooplove

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hello,
I didn't know where to post this so sorry if i am on wrong part of the forum .
i have a laptop that was working fine but when i left it for 3 days when i tried to start it it wouldn't start.i sent it to a
technician by train cause he was on another city and i had my warranty still.when the laptop arrived to him he told me that it was fine.i even told my brother to check it and he said its fine and he took it and sent it back to me.the day i got it it was fine but the next day same happened.its the first time sth like that happens and i am confused.i was just wondering could humidity be the problem or sth else?i have checked about power and its ok.
Thanks in advance._

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello snooplove

i have a laptop that was working fine but when i left it for 3 days when i tried to start it it wouldn't start

i have checked about power and its ok.

Can you tell us what exactly happens when you press the power on button as in do you get no sign of life at all from the notebook or does the notebook power up and stay on but you get a black screen as a couple of examples

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Laptop seems to be working but screen is black but sometimes it would shutdown 1~2 sec after i press the button.also i noticed a light doesn't turn on or it is weak.i searched for it in the book i got with laptop and it says its the hard driver dont know if that means anything cause if it was hard driver problem technician would notice.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Have you tried connecting the notebook to an external screen by way of the VGA port.

Have you tried using battery power only and vice versa removing the battery and using only the AC adapter, if so what was the outcome in both instances please.

It is possible that the Ram may need reseating so can you do the following for us, remove the battery and AC adapter, remove the Ram, press the power on button for between 20 and 30 seconds to dispel any residual charge, replace the Ram and the AC adapter only and power up the notebook, post back with an update.

To help with removing and then reseating the Ram

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
For the first two the answer is yes but nothing changed.for the last one i will try and let you know

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Did and the last one nothing changed

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Does your AC adapter have an LED on it that lights up when it is connected to the mains power, this to see if their is a problem with the adapter itself which has resulted in your notebook battery not being charged and so is empty of any charge.

Is the DC jack on the notebook ok as in no movement when you plug in the AC adapter, you should also check the centre pin in the DC jack in case it is loose or damaged, some example only info Here

Lastly try removing the Ram and powering up the notebook to see if the behavior changes.