Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Planning a new computer

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
If you saw the post I made before editing, ignore it. I was wrong... :tazz:

Turns out, I actually ordered the parts off of Newegg seperately for the same price.

This is the processor I am getting...

Edited by UV_Power, 10 June 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
Hey, you found the 2.8 prescott. nice! :tazz:

real good place to start with, and your board should be able to support a good sized cpu upgrade in the future. good work.

standard235

standard235

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

hacp is correct, no HT on that pcu.  HT cpu's will be referred to as prescott.  I think there is a 2.8 with it, otherwise your looking at the 3ghz and up.

take another look at the links I posted earlier, they will get you HT, and the first one is slightly cheaper then your current link.
remember with the second one I posted, after you add the HSF, its about $400.  thats your mobo, cpu, ram, and hsf.
add a video card, case, and psu, your there.  you would be looking at about $600 total, assuming you dont need to buy a CD drive or floppy.  if you need those, add another $50 (roughly).

we can tweak things depending on how tight your budget is.  and as is always the case with computer stuff, wait a few weeks, the prices will drop again...

View Post

Which is exactly why it will take less time for me to save for a new computer!