Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0x000000f4 and 0x0000007a

• Please log in to reply

ant14

ant14

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I hope that someone will be able to help me solve my BSOD-problems. As the topic suggests - I got those bluescreen failures. In 99% of the times, I recive 0x000000f4, but sometimes also 0x0000007a. I've been running both memtest86 and checkdisk without any errors. The bluescreens occur randomly - sometimes directly after windows-startup - sometimes 2 hours later. I've also reinstalled my operating system but the problems consists - so I guess it's hardware related.

Specification:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits
MSI
MS-7673
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Ram 8 GB
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Realtek High Definition Audio

==================================================
Dump File : 111813-5928-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2013-11-18 17:07:18
Bug Check String : CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug Check Code : 0x000000f4
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`052b2620
Parameter 3 : fffffa80`052b2900
Parameter 4 : fffff800`031d27b0
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\111813-5928-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 277 056
Dump File Time : 2013-11-18 17:07:47

Dump File : 111413-6006-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2013-11-14 09:10:29
Bug Check String : KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Bug Check Code : 0x0000007a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000020
Parameter 2 : ffffffff`c000009d
Parameter 3 : fffffa80`04eda078
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\111413-6006-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 284 768
Dump File Time : 2013-11-14 09:11:10

Any thoughts? :)
Thanks in advance

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: ant14

When you did the fresh install of the OS did you also install the drivers for the MB and starting with the chipset drivers.

Memtest needs to be allowed to complete 4 or 5 passes to be considered anywhere near conclusive and this can take several hours, how many passes have been completed, also please note that a physical test is more conclusive, see the details below the HDD info;

The HDD could have issues such as bad sectors so I suggest that you check it first as it is quicker and easier to do than properly testing the Ram.

Run the HDDs diagnostics tool;

Make sure you select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Depending on the program it'll create a bootable floppy or a bootable DVD/CD.
If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn the .iso file to a DVD/CD disk depending on your OS (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the disk bootable.

RE ImgBurn: please use the custom install and uncheck the attached foistware such as "Install Entrusted Toolbar etc

How to physically test your Ram.

The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket and take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case.

Have a pencil and notepad to hand.
Remove each stick of Ram and blow out the memory slots.
Insert the first stick of Ram in memory slot one, reconnect the power and in the case of a desktop computer the video to screen cable.
Power up the computer and see how it goes.
Make a note of the results.
Repeat the procedure until the first stick of Ram has been tested in each memory slot and the results written down.
Remove the first stick of Ram and put it to one side on top of a piece of paper with the number one on it for identification purposes.
Repeat the procedure with all Ram until each stick has been tested in all slots, the results written down and the sticks identified numerically.

Please note that some MBs (motherboards) will not boot unless there is Ram in slot one.

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your answer. Just to make some things clear - I actually didn't make a fresh installation - I used a recovery CD for win 7.

I'm also useing two drives, one SSD and one HDD. On the SSD i'm running my OS.

Sorry for not mention those things.

Appreciate the help. I'm going to try to test the ram physically.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello ant14

What type of recovery disk do you have and from where was it obtained as in is it a back up disk that you made yourself, a downloaded ISO or a burned copy.

For the OS/SSD try running SFC from command prompt at boot, a tutorial for you Here

Please provide the brand and model name or number details for your PSU.

Have you been able to do the physical Ram test yet.

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

It's a recovery disk that i received when i bought the computer.

My PSU is a Corsair TX850V2.

I've tested the RAM in every slot without any results. Still got the BSOD

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello ant14

What brand is the SSD please.

Have you run SFC

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

So..I did run the SFC a several time with the same output - "Windows resource protection did not find any intergrity violations".

The SSD is a Corsair Force 3, 120gb.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25271813

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

Here we go,
Testresults: http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25490697

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
First of all please return to the PCPitstop results and address the items that have a red X against them, if you hover the cursor over the item you will be given a description of the issue and if you click on it you will be instructed how to correct the problem.

Second, Go to Start then to Search
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On the left side click on Disk Management
On the right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take an expanded screenshot and attach it to your next reply.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Please note that in order to avoid data corruption and/or physical SSD/HDD failure for data only SSDs/HDDs you must always have a minimum of 10% of the SSDs/HDDs overall storage capacity available as free space and between and 15 and 20% of a SSDs/HDDs overall storage capacity available as free space if the OS is on it, the free space allows for information to be copied to and from the drive efficiently.

Not having the above can render a computer inoperable/unstable if the SSD/HDD concerned has the OS on it, this due to the MBR (Master Boot Record) becoming damaged/corrupt, please see information @ http://pcsupport.abo...sterbootrec.htm

As an asides ant14 I noted from your results that you download torrents - are you aware of the risk of malware attack when downloading torrents.

Advertisements

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It might be a problem here - my OS language is not english. But i guess you get the information you need - otherwise ask. The status of the drives are "non-error" or "faultless".

Attached Thumbnails

• diskmanagement.jpg

Edited by ant14, 05 December 2013 - 09:50 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

First of all please return to the PCPitstop results and address the items that have a red X against them, if you hover the cursor over the item you will be given a description of the issue and if you click on it you will be instructed how to correct the problem.

Have you done this.

As an asides ant14 I noted from your results that you download torrents - are you aware of the risk of malware attack when downloading torrents.

If freeing up some space on the SSD and/or the PCPitstop fixes do not resolve the issue, due to the fact that torrents have been downloaded it is important that you rule out the possibility of malware, please refer to the GTG malware redirection information below;

solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes - i've solved the Red-X from pitstop.

The results from step 3 dosen't tell me much. So you suggests me to post the log file in the malware-forum to simply ask someone to have a look?

Thanks for all help! : )

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Run Corsair SSD Toolbox and if it is no help start a topic on the malware removal forums please.

Additional guidance;
1: Do not create a topic on the malware forum unless you have a malware issue that you cannot resolve yourself.
2: If you do need to start a topic there provide a link to this thread so that steps that have already been taken can be checked.
3: As the Malware Techs are extremely busy you may not receive an instant reply, if you have waited for three days then post in the Waiting Room http://www.geekstogo...e-waiting-room/ be sure to identify the issue as malware related and provide a link to your malware topic.

Good luck and we will be here should you need to return to this topic.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

ant14

ant14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Good news. I think the 'Corsair ssd toolbox' did it. I haven't received any BSOD for days :)