need help can't update windows 7 internet explorer as i get error
Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:40 AM
Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:37 PM
Are you installing Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7?
If its the case Microsoft have a page here with several steps you can check to fix the problem when IE 10 doesn't install.
Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:10 PM
no trying to update to ie 9.
Ok, try this:
Remove Temporary Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
- Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista or above accept the Security Warning).
- It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
Check Windows System files integrity
- open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
- type the following command and press Enter:
sfc /scannowNote: This may take some time to finish.
if it say some errors are found and couldn't fix them do this:
- In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
- Close the command prompt.
- Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
- You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like
Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:22 PM
Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 AM
Try to install Internet Explorer 9 using the full install available here select the language and Windows Version that matches with your OS.
Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:50 AM
Edited by slathor, 25 November 2013 - 08:55 AM.
Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:42 PM
Ok, And if you try to install IE 10 using the full install?
tryed installing IE 9 from the link you attached but message pop up saying " Internet Explorer did not finsh installing - Setup can't continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer" I then checked IE version on my computer and it shows i have IE9 installed. I feel like an idiot it was windows IE 10 that has been failing to install not IE9 but windows update has been trying to install IE 10 for a few months and stops with the error message above also have windows update for IE 11 in the windows update Queue. Sorry for the mix up and wasted time I hope this helps with why I'm unable to update.
Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:10 PM
when tryed to install using windows update error code 9c59
Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:36 PM
Let's see what is going on by getting some logs...
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices (Only Problems)
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Post the resulting log in your next reply.
And check some windows critical services...
Download Farbar Service Scanner
- Run FSS
- Check all the options
- click Scan
Post the generated log in your reply.
Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:11 PM
Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:19 PM
Edited by CompCav, 26 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.
FRST and additions removed they are malware tools and cannot be posted here.
Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:27 PM
Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:44 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users