Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help Internet keeps disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

Nofx18

Nofx18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello I have been having problems with my Internet disconnecting frequently. It has had problems for a few months and has recently gotten worse for a while it was disconnecting once and then I would unplug the router and wait 30 seconds and then it would be fine but some times I would try unplugging and then plugging it back in and it would still disconet from the Internet about every 30 minutes but the next day it would work fine. As of recently the Internet will disconnect every 5 to 10 minutes and I've tried to unplug the router and plug it back in but it makes no diffrence. And it's not just my wireless Internet but even my computer or anything else I plug into my router. My Internet provider is frontier and the router is a westell I'm not sure what the model # is because there's two diffrent things on the router on the side it says model 7500 and on the bottom it says model a90-750044-07. Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

hairyeyes

hairyeyes

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello Nofx18 you say that every thing you plug into the router acts the same way?
Try resetting your router to default and if that does not work try a different router, if you don't have a spare router then borrow one from a friend.

howtheflip

howtheflip

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Depending on what router you have, I'd go on to it through the browser search, using either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 (probably this one) and check to see if you have the newest firmware. This may actually help fix your issues. If it doesn't though, there are other settings that may help, just let me know if you have any questions on this, i'd be glad to help