Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my cdrom drive wont read anything i put in it

• Please log in to reply

reepicheep007

reepicheep007

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have windows xp and a couple of weeks ago my cd rom started to not read anything i put in it. ill put a disk in it and the light lights up and it starts thinking, but then it just stops. and the drive where you put blank cds to be burned ( i think its the e: drive ) wont open at all. i go into my computer and the E: drive isne even there. it used to be. does anyone know how i can get these working again?

Edited by reepicheep007, 08 June 2005 - 05:03 PM.

Advertisements

pgarvie

pgarvie

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
have you checked all the cables connecting to the cd drives?? check them for looseness.

Jolen98

Jolen98

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
u may have to go to the manufacturer site and download the drivers for the drive again