Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Problem-Cannot detect Wireless USB adapter and LAN adapter Dri

• Please log in to reply

olace88

olace88

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with network connection on desktop PC. Here's my computer specs:

Manufaturer: Gateway
Model: SX2802
Processor: Intel® Core ™2 Quad CPU Q3800 @ 2.5Ghz 2.5Ghz
RAM: 4GB
64 bit OS
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
LAN Network Adapter: Intel® 8256V-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Details of the problem and history:

I wanted to connect to the internet using a wireless USB adapter but the PC does not respond when I try and insert one (D-Link DWA-130). I tried connecting this USB adapter on my laptop and it works just fine. It seemed the PC is failing to detect the hardware. So then I tried connecting an ethernet cable to hardwire my connection but still there is a problem. Diagnostics showed I have a problem with the LAN adapter driver.

Could you guys help me fix this? I'm willing to follow any procedures and provide information you need.

Thanks in advance and more power to you!

olace88

Advertisements

olace88

olace88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Guys!

I solved my problem!..Let me share what I did.

I went to the Network Adapter properties and unclick the AVG Network Filter and my LAN worked instantly! And for the wireless USB...I removed the hotspotshield program on the device manager and re-installed the USB wireless adapter and it worked!

Thank you so much guys! I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused the forum. I just hope this helped others having similar problems.

More power to you!

olace88