Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Needed advanced setting Panda antivirus

• Please log in to reply

Aakash_ryp

Aakash_ryp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have panda free antivirus after it was advice to me by one of my friend I downloaded it
Please let me know the option found in advanced settings what exactly it is and should I enable the same as by default it was disabled
"SCAN COMPRESSED FILES IN-ACCESS SCAN" & "SCAN COMPRESSED FILES IN ON -DEMAND SCAN" .Please tell me how safe it is to keep this disabled .

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi Aakash_ryp,

You're referring to "Panda Cloud Antivirus"

Advanced settings

The "advanced settings" are exclusively for users with advanced knowledge. It is not advisable to change these settings if you are not completely sure of what you are doing, as it could affect the way Panda Cloud Antivirus works and also your computer security.

Thanks
Joe :)

Aakash_ryp

Aakash_ryp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks;

I am asking a brief info on the same I can handle it but want a good security for my system as I am unsure keeping those to disable which are set by default will that provide a complete protection to the system.

Please guide in this matter

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi Aakash_ryp

I'm not familiar enough with that Anti Virus to guide you. I do think there set to default for a reason though. I'd have to research it a bit.

The information I posted came from the Panda site Here

Thanks
Joe :)

Aakash_ryp

Aakash_ryp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks Joe for taking the time in the matter