Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton's AV 2005 blocking newsletters

• Please log in to reply

nongeek21

nongeek21

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Upgraded from Norton's AntiVirus 2002 to 2005 and can no longer receive certain e-mail newsletters (for example, from medscape.com). Have searched Symatec's support site in vain. Have tried re-subscribing to medscape and adding medscape to e-mail (Outlook) address book. I'm too inexperienced to try adjusting Norton's advanced settings. Is there a way to authorize e-mails from medscape's domain in Norton's? Any help will be appreciated.

Nongeek21

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you get an error message or any indication that its being blocked?

try opening your av. go under options. look for internet worm protection and try disabling it.

nongeek21

nongeek21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the input, Starjax. No error message and no indication medscape e-mail is being blocked. That was my assumption since we stopped getting newsletters from medscape right after upgrading Norton's AV. The group e-mail I had been getting from a couple of yahoo groups also disappeared right after AV '05 was installed for a few days, but then got an e-mail from yahoo stating that the yahoo e-mails were being bounced by my computer but if I replied to the e-mail I should then be able to receive them (and I have). Turned off worm protection, as you suggested, and will wait a few days to see if Medscape makes it through. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Nongeek21

nongeek21

nongeek21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Turned off the worm protection in Norton's AV '05 for 2 days and then turned it back on. Either that did it or Medscape somehow figured out how to make it through the AV protection because the e-mail newsletters have started coming in again! I choose to believe the former and do appreciate your help, Starjax!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Glad to help :tazz: