Glad the computer is running better, lets run 2 additional scans to double check.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop from Here.
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
This scan can take a considerable amount of time
ESET Online Scanner
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
- Please go >>HERE<< then click on: Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on the icon to install.
All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed make sure you first copy the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
- Now click on:
(Selecting Uninstall application on close if you so wish)
Note Monitor issue.
The driver for your monitor is Here Is that where you downloaded from ?
1600 x 900 Native resoultion, Maximum Resolution. Yes I see that 1600 x 900 is the native resolution, I wonder if age is a factor and it runs better at 1280 x 960, I'm not really a monitor person, see if any additional information is provided at the link where the driver is. I did see some troubleshooting for various issues. I'm also sure you adjusted brightness an contrast to see if they made a difference.
Those are all the features with your monitor, are any of those adjustable besides brightness and contrast?
Please post the following logs in your next reply:
- Eset Log
- Malwarebytes log
How is Microsoft Security Essentials for you? I'm asking because I know that it's new for you.