Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a new PC

• Please log in to reply

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
I didn't informed you, I'm probably buying this case: Thermaltake VP300A5W2N ATX Mid Tower Case not the Antec.

So many thanks!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Posted Image

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
OK I have a little bit more money and instead of the GTX 760 I like to buy a GTX 770 - would that also run under that mainboard (Asrock 970 Extreme 4)? And the GTX 770 is better than the GTX 760, correct?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Yes to both questions. There are quite a few reviews where the 760 is included in benchmarks, like the one below but you will need to search for a review with a direct comparison.
> http://www.guru3d.co...0_review,1.html

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
I'm a ilttle bit worried now, because I read some articles ( i bought the Hardware already!) can it be that my CPU (AMD Phenom II X4 940) slows the GPU down that i can not play Bf 4 in high - ultra?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
You should be able to play most games on high setting, you may not reach ultra. Regardless of Hardware, all gaming rigs have to be tuned.
You need to have the min amount of background processing going on. Start with the native resolution of your monitor and basic settings of the GPU, then slowly up the setting of the GPU until you reach acceptable fps and close to 100% CPU usage Then start overclocking the CPU, You should be able to reach 3.4 to 3.5GHz, on air with your 940, then you have to settle on, better quality or fps.> https://www.google.c...7,d.bmk&cad=rjt

When your build is up and running, your best bet is to join some forums for overclocking or gaming.

Shatarupa1

Shatarupa1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Dont you think you need a motherboard for gaming purpose?

Shatarupa1

Shatarupa1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I mean just curious..infact i recently saw this news so thought to share... a lot of new models of mobo supports the next generation computer game Bitcoin Mining.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
It's no problem for me upgrading my CPU (better say I like to do that). In my mainboard there is a AM 3+ socket - so this processor should be good: AMD FX 8350 Octa-Core Prozessor ? What's your opinion? Also you should know that I'm not a really BIG BIG Gamer, only play sometimes and I don't want to upgrade my PC the next 2-3 years. Or is the FX 9370 better?

So my configuration:

• AMD FX 8350 Octa-Core Processor
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 770
  • 8 GB DDR 3 (currently 1033 MHZ, but will be upgraded to 1600 GHZ)
  • 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
  • Asrock 970 Extreme 4
Is this configuration good for High-Ultra Settings?

After some benchmarks test and youtube videos it should be work (FPS 50- 100)

EDIT:
Sorry currently I have Phenom II X4 945 not the X4 940!

Edited by Machiavelli, 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
The Asrock 970 Extreme 4 does not support the FX 8350 CPU support list, > http://www.asrock.co...treme4/?cat=CPU

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
OK which CPU do you recommend? (Don't forget I like to be able to play most games on high/Ultra) :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
FX 4350 with the Asrock 970 Extreme 4 MB.

Info here

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Isn't the FX 8320 better? (or the fx 6350?)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Unless my eyesight is playing up I do not see the FX 8320 on the CPU support list only the 8300 which runs at 3300MHz.

The 4350 runs at 4200MHz whereas the 6350 runs at 3900MHz, it does however have 2MBx3 of L2 cache as opposed to the 2MBx2 L2 Cache of the FX 4350, you may not notice the difference with the latter but the extra MHz I feel you will appreciate.

CPU benchmarks

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
Do you think that I can play games on Ultra - High? I noticed I can play now BF3 on High - Ultra (with a HD 6870 - FPS 33 - 56) - pretty weird because some time ago I was only able to play on middle settings (FPS 30- 45).