Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Building a new PC

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Gday.
I would say whining, (why-n ing). Look for user reviews to see if it is mentioned a lot for that brand, it could be just the way that brand is.
Is it just you that is annoyed by it?
What about other people, can they hear it and is it annoying to them?
If you find the noise unacceptable I would RAM i, after all, you have paid good money so you shold be satisfied with it.

Furmark stresses the card. Valley benchmark runs the same sequences every time so if you start with the loest setting at a given resolutions, you have a bench result that can be compared with other tests with different setting.

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
It's a little bit annoying. If you research many cards have them. Also the other brands. I think I'll keep it - I'll play some games and I'll report back later if all works well. It's not annoying while you are in Game, but if you do nothing it's really annoying. I think a headset will work.

What about other people, can they hear it and is it annoying to them?

My mum says: "What do you hear? I hear nothing." My dad: "Yep, I hear that sound."

I hope you had a nice Christmas.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Yes a great Christmas Day, thanks for the reply on my status.

Sounds like your Mum may not hear high frequency noises. I thought my wife, Anne, was having hearing problem
So I stood behind her at the other side of the room and asked
"Can you hear me Anne" No reply.
So I went half way across the room and repeated, still no reply.
So I stood right behind her and asked again.
She turned her head and said, " for the third ****** time, YES"

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
Battlefield 4 average FPS 60 on Ultra (1920X1080) - that's a dream! That can not be true. The noise isn't that annoying as you may be think, it is only a bit annoying when you do nothing. But the configuration seems to work really well. Thanks for everything, iammykyl. :wub:

Sounds like your Mum may not hear high frequency noises. I thought my wife, Anne, was having hearing problem
So I stood behind her at the other side of the room and asked
"Can you hear me Anne" No reply.
So I went half way across the room and repeated, still no reply.
So I stood right behind her and asked again.
She turned her head and said, " for the third ****** time, YES"

:lol:

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
BF 4 (Ultra - 1920 X 1080) AVG FPS 75 - 78 :wub:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
How did you manage that?!!!

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
Good question. It's related to the maps. In some maps you can play with very high fps (55-85). On other maps only 40-70 fps. But I also realised some fps drops (but I think I have fixed them now.) The one map I played had an AVG fps 75-78. Only dropped down to 65 if explosions were there.

Edited by Machiavelli, 25 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Thanks.
I sometimes get questions about playing BF4, so will keep your build with a gold star on it for future ref.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
Also related to the action. I will come back tomorrow with further Benchmarks extra for you.

(Did you see my edit in the last post from me?)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts

(Did you see my edit in the last post from me?)

no, which part was the edit?

Advertisements

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
Read the post again. Here it is:

Good question. It's related to the maps. In some maps you can play with very high fps (55-85). On other maps only 40-70 fps. But I also realised some fps drops (but I think I have fixed them now.) The one map I played had an AVG fps 75-78. Only dropped down to 65 if explosions were there.

I'm not sure. But I have the feeling that the CPU creates a little bottleneck ... there are some FPS Drops and when I turn down the settings I can play the game smoother.

AVG FPS (created the AVG from all maps): 58 - 64 FPS

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
Now - I can't activate Windows 8. I think this was mentioned already before but I need clarification what I should exactly do ... :)

Thanks in advance.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Gday.
Phillpower2 gave some advice and links in post #6.
How much time is left on the trial period?
You may be able to extend the period by copying the next line into a command prompt and press enter

slmgr -rearm

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Expert

• Topic Starter
  • Expert
  • 3,512 posts
OK that helped. So he means I should activate the product via telephone?

An Update to BF4 Benchmark:

After I installed Win 8.1 there are no Frame Drops anymore and AVG FPS on Shangai card (very CPU utilization map) 66 FPS, on other cards most between 70 - 80 FPS. It's GREAT!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,024 posts
Yep, have a pen and a large piece of paper ready and be prepared to write down and then input a lot of numbers into your phones keypad, the voice that you hear is automated unless you opt for the dial up and speak to an actual person option :rolleyes: