Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FaceTime audio

• Please log in to reply

Glynch6832

Glynch6832

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My FaceTim Audio is not heard by the person I call. They get video, but no audio. I receive both video and audio from them. I am using a 27" iMac with the latest version of Mavericks. My iPad and iPhone FaceTime work on the same WiFi network. Any ideas?

Gary

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
I find that FaceTime needs a good connection to work properly so if the person you are talking to has a poor connection, then this can cause problems. Video uses the biggest part of the connection so try turning the video off and see if they get audio.

Z3n

Z3n

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
In addition to having a good connection (as stated above), ensure your Mac is feeding audio from the Internal Mic.

• Open System Preferences from Applications
  • Navigate to the Sound section under the second row
  • Click the "Input" tab
  • Ensure the "Internal Mic" or equivalent is selected. If it selected to something else, ensure you know what it is. If not, change it back to the Internal setting.