Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 10 error message

• Please log in to reply

wasilla

wasilla

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I am running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10. A few days ago, I started getting (an error message?) when I first opened up Internet Explorer, it says "A problem with this web page caused IE to close and reopen the tab". The message disappears and no matter how many times I open IE it never appears again (only the first time logging on after a reboot. The message only is on the screen (down by the tray) for a few seconds and then disappears. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the URL for your home page? Is it only that page or any first page?

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
It is only when I open IE at www.google.com it doesn't happen when I use Firefox and it is ONLY the very first time I open up IE......the rest of the day it is fine, no matter how many times I use a different browser (then go back to IE)

Edited by wasilla, 01 December 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try changing your home page to something other than Google, see if you still get the error when you first start IE10.

If yes, try resetting IE10: How to reset Internet Explorer settings

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thank you for the suggestion. I changed the home page and the error message did not show. What does that mean?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Change it back to http://www.google.com, see if the error comes back. If it does then do the reset.

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Reset it back to Google and no error message. Thank you!! Happy Holidays from Alaska.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Strange, but you can't argue with success.