Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarts automatically

• Please log in to reply

Bomni

Bomni

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was updating my computer just after being away for 2 weeks and it now starts up real slow and there is no internet connection and windows xp start button is gone. Also my laptop has a message pop up and Windows NT Authority must shut down and there is a minute count down after which the computer restarts over and over. I was research and I am not sure if I got infected by a Avira look a like program as I was attempting to update the virus program. This all happened way back in September and I have tried to use it 3 times since then.

I have been able to perform a virus scan today and use CMD shutdown -a to stop NT authority from restarting but that is as far as I can get

I can not use the flask drive as they are no longer recognized for some reason and I can't download a new anti-malware program as my internet connection on the infected laptop no longer works.

Please help.

I am running windows XP and Avira AV on an HP mini netbook.

Thanks

Matt

Advertisements