Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB Problem.

• Please log in to reply

FliX

FliX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have run into another problem now.
I have 3 driver installs and I don't know how to install them all because I need each one, I think ?...

I have my chipset for AGP Gart.
I have my Graphics Accelerator Driver.
And I have my Catalyst Display Driver.

The two last ones I don't know which way to install them (which order) or if I need them. Because when I crashed one time, my VPU Recover said that it was my graphics accelerator that has stopped to worked then I realized, after looking in my cd's that came with the computer, that I had an CD on it's own for graphics accelerator. I don't know how to install all of these, can someone help me?

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
install them in the order you listed. chipset driver first, then the onboard video driver (it shouldnt matter since you will be bypassing it, but it wont hurt).
then the catalyst pack.
chances are real good the chipset driver should fix things, but do all three. after you do the first two, be sure to uninstall the old catalyst pack, then reboot, before installing the new catalyst.