Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio randomly crashes

• Please log in to reply

froggi1005

froggi1005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I've had my refurbished Sony Vaio F series for over a year and it has always crashed randomly- anywhere from once every other month, to multiple times in a day. Sometimes it'll flash a blue screen of death too quickly to catch the error message but usually it just shuts downs. I haven't found any pattern to explain the crashes- it's a different trigger each time. I've talked to Sony multiple times and they've been no helped. They replaced the hard drive but the computer crashed in the middle of installing the operating system. I've reformatted the hard drive multiple times from different sources because Sony insists that it's a software problem but with no luck- it takes multiple times to install the operating system because it crashes like 3 hours into the install. I thought it was fixed with the last reformat because I hadn't had any problems for a couple months, but it has started crashing again. Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisements