Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JRT Failure to launch

• Please log in to reply

Neurotoxic

Neurotoxic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys! I'm cleaning a computer for a buddy of mine and he left it in my possession for a couple days. I've noticed a TON of malware, trojans, adware, etc. I successfully removed a whole bunch of adware with ADWCleaner. Then I found about 100 infected objects with Malwarebytes. I next ran a quick scan with Hitman Pro and found 2 trojans and 1 piece of malware. After that, I ran TDSSKiller and removed a MBR rootkit (thankfully that's gone!) For some final touches I flushed the DNS, fixed hosts, etc and wanted to try out JRT. I downloaded it and when I try to run it, a DOS window appears and quickly disappears. I disabled all anti-virus software but for the life of me, I can't figure out what the problem is! And if you have any suggestions to help me make this machine squeaky clean, I'm definitely open for suggestions! Thanks guys!

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
:welcome:

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in That forum.