Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

display lags when scrolling

• Please log in to reply

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I formatted and installed XP Pro this after noon. When I connected to the internet to download AVG and others, the display lags when scrolling. It does it whether I am using the wheel on the mouse, the scroll pad on the laptop, or if I click and drag the scroll bar on the window. I have reinstalled the mouse software, which did not help. I went through the display settings and did not see anything out of the ordinary. Am I missing something in the control panel?

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
do you have it set to a high resolution and do your have the latest display adapters

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
It's set to the same resolution as before the format. No I haven't updated anything for the display. How do I check for display adapter updates?

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
go into control panel>system>hardware tab>device manager>then look for your display adapter, then click your adapter then find button that says update drive :tazz: also run windows update and also check manufaturs website for drivers too

tbomkamp

tbomkamp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Got it, thanks.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
any time :tazz: