Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.
Hi and welcome back to Geeks to Go.
and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
- I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
- The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
- It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
- Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Regarding this you mentioned:-
I will retry a Malwarebytes run.
Best to leave that for the time being and lets try working outside of the Windows Environment as follows...Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool:
Please download and save Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit
to a Flash/USB drive.
Then insert the Flash/USB drive into your machine....
Enter System Recovery Options
. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options: Startup Repair
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Select your user account an click Next.
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad
and press Enter
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst64.exe
and press Enter
Replace letter e
with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste the contents of the aforementioned notepad file into your next reply.