Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen on new computer

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that was the right log but nothing showing there.
I still do believe this is just a simple driver fix. It does seem like you have gotten back into Windows since you were able to post the log for WhoCrashed.
Is the system working other then the last BSOD you got?

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I shall run it again later for I have to go to the Dr. Thank you

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I hope everything is ok at your appointment. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Okay, got the running done. Now, I bought a new mouse, a wireless one. I am going to get that set up and get rid of some more plugs or at least one more. As for the machine, I shake my head and wonder if I am doing something wrong for Dustan said, "There are no big problems with the machine that I could find. I have no idea why you are getting the blue screen. Take it home and if it does it again take note as to what you were doing when it happens." Okay it happened today just as I was sending an email. Yep, blue screen. Same ole words, same thing as before. Now all I was doing was sending an email to a friend. Sort of weird how that happens only to me and it never did for him. So, I wanted a new mouse anyway so that is good. But, I am not at all sure that will help with the blue screen. I do thank you for all you do. You are patient, more so than I.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There should be more to the blue screen. See the outlined info is what I am trying to get to.

BSOD.jpg

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I do see what you mean but my machine is froze and I cannot even get out of the blue screen without turning the computer off. The man told me that it would not hurt the machine to turn it off for it has already turned itself off. Now, If there is a way I can get what you are talking about I will copy it down and then type it out to you but the screen just will not move. The new mouse is great. Does this whole thing frustrate you? I don't want to do that. I am frustrated but that is because the computer is only one month old or maybe 5 weeks old. Here I am having all these problems. I am not a why person at all so I won't say why. Think I should take it back over to them and tell them I either want this fixed or a different computer? I do value your opinion. You have always helped me out. I think that ole Dell would have been in the computer dump at least 2 years ago if not for you and the others on this site.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this.

Unbootable PCs

Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
Click Enter to disable it
The system should reboot and if not then do so.
When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the full error message

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Good morning, I shall do this this morning. Question: Do you want me to keep all the downloads I have done. I have copied them and will put them into the file with the others I have saved. I have went back to those several times and followed what you told me to do and was able to get the old computer working again. So I keep them all. So should I keep WhoCrashed and the others on my machine. Very cold here in Ohio. We have snow and very low temps. Good day to stay in and get my cards made. I will do this and see what we see. Thank you. (Love my mouse)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes keep the downloads especially BlueScreenView, WhoCrashed, TFC and Auslogics Defrag. All are good programs to see where a problem is. It is cold here in Memphis also. Both Tn and Ark are under state of emergencies because of the ice storm today. It is raining now but soon to tun to ice so this should be fun to watch.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I hit the F8 and went to a Boot menu but it did not have "Auto Start On Error" I have done it several times now and it just is not there. Do you want me to highlight something else?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No that is ok. Any other BSOD"S since we started?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
All right. No, not really just one when I was emailing. We are having lights going on and on because of the ice. That is not good for this computer so I am going to shut it off and turn it back on when I can. I do want to thank you for all your help. If I don't get back on today or tomorrow, Have a blessed Christmas with your family. Seems we are going to have some ruff weather this next week. It is winter in Ohio and many other states. Tenn. usually does not get that bad of weather does it? I know at home, in Ala. we never did. God bless.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Tenn. usually does not get that bad of weather does it? I know at home, in Ala. we never did. God bless

You are correct as I think the last big ice storm was in 1994.
As far as the issue lets see what happens over the next few days or a week and if no issues then we will consider this resolved. If any issues just post it here and I will respond asap. You also have a Merry Christmas and please stay safe with all the weather. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hi, I am able to get back on the roads and the computer now. Let me explain what is going on now. When I leave the computer to go do something else, then come back the computer is on but the monitor says no signal and the only way I can get this to work is to shut off the computer and start over. Now, I know this is not good for my computer. We have checked all the plugs and made sure everything is in the right place. Dick thought it was not making a connection but it was hooked up right and works for as long as you are on the computer. It is when you quit and come back later that the same thing happens. I really don't know what more we can do here. Just letting you know what is going on. Hope your ice storm was not as bad as ours. Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm I'm wondering if the power settings have the system going into power down mode or even shutting the monitor off. Can you go into the Control Panel to the power settings and let me know what everything is set for.