Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AD Pop Ups and New Tab Ads [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Click on Start then Run... then type:

firefox.exe -safe-mode

And press OK button
If it ask you press Continue in Safe Mode
Test Google searches now and let me know results.

If you don't experience any problems in safe-mode then you must check your add-ons in Firefox.

Open Firefox and from Tools menu select Add-ons
Disable them all and restart your Firefox
If you don't experience any problems then go to Add-ons and enable first add-on then restart Firefox
If problems starts then this is the bad one
If problems don't start then enable another one and so on until you find bad one

When you find it remove it from Add-ons.

Let me know results.

Advertisements

ohmytodd

ohmytodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
MALIPROG!! I think we did it!

I rarely use firefox, so I just reset it. Didn't do anything. So I went to Google Chrome, and checked all the extensions there. Low and behold some extension had access to everything!! So scary, and such a simple fix!

Do you know how I might have gotten that so I can avoid it in the future.

I really really really appreciate all of your help!! YOU LITERALLY SAVED CHRISTMAS!!

ohmytodd

ohmytodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
SPOKE TOO SOON!!

It's back. It was fine.. and then.. and I'm not making this up.. I went to get Healthcare.gov and it came back. I don't know if they are connected, but it just seems odd.

ANYWAYS.. It's with Google Chrome. Chrome says that it is %programfiles%\easylife\sprotector.dll

that is causing the problem.

ohmytodd

ohmytodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I did a manual deletion of the file with the malwarebytes program (that I have for two more days), but I doubt I got it all. I don't know. :/

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi ohmytodd,

We almost got it! Don't worry we will remove it.

Can you open Control Panel, Add or Remove programs and try to deinstall EasyLife.

Also you can try disable extension EasyLife on Google Chrome too like you did in Firefox

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.

• Select Tools.
  • Select Extensions
  • On the Extensions page, unselect the "Enabled" checkbox for the extension you'd like to temporarily remove.

Please let me know results.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.