Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Plz help I dont know how to find my Video Controll

• Please log in to reply

Ultralord

Ultralord

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I just bought this second hand laptop and i formatted everything and i dont know how to install or find the right drivers for my graphics card or video controller

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: SPM Micro
System Model: M22ES
BIOS: BIOS Revision: 1.09
Processor: Intel® Celeron®

plz help me find the right video controller and if its possible my sound card too :tazz:

if anymore information is needed for my problem plz ask

ionno if this helps but it says "Video Controller (VGA Compatable)" on the device manager

Edited by Ultralord, 08 June 2005 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
does it have a yellow ! ?

Ultralord

Ultralord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
what do you mean by does it have a yellow?

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
in device manager does it have a yellow ! explanation piont by the vga compatible card?

Ultralord

Ultralord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh yes it does it has a yellow (!)

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
alright click it and look for a botton that says update driver or find driver and do you have the all the windows updates not just the exspress ones?

Ultralord

Ultralord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
iv tried to click on the updating driver a few times before but it didnt help

and i dont htink i have all of the windows updates, will that find out what driver i have for me?

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
it may depending on if it is deteced ;)
run windows update and when it asks you to install exspress or custom click custom and on the left there should be a section that says hardware and it may be in there. good luck :tazz:

Edited by bobthemailman, 08 June 2005 - 06:52 PM.

Ultralord

Ultralord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hmm i tried the update thing and it didnt help ...is there a way i can find out what my video controller is called? its a laptop

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
well i went to the manufaturs website of your laptop and aperently you have to login to do anything ;) since you were a customer you have a login. check their website and type in your model number and it should come up with evrything :tazz:

TroyMacDonald

TroyMacDonald

• Pip
  • 1 posts

well i went to the manufaturs website of your laptop and aperently you have to login to do anything :) since you were a customer you have a login. check their website and type in your model number and it should come up with evrything :tazz:

I wouldn't expect too much help from SPM Micro.......

I have the same laptop. Your hardware is as follows:

Video : SiS M650 (Ven 1039 Dev 6325)
Sound: SiS 7012 (Ven 1039 Dev 7012)

The drivers should be available from www.sis.com, or www.driverguide.com

If these drivers do not work for you, open your System Information (MSInfo32.exe) and have a look at the "Components / Problem Devices" listings.

On the PNP Device ID Section for each device you should see a string of characters much like this "PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_04001558&REV_A0\3&267A616A&0&17"

What you need to know from this the the Vendor ID (in this case VEN_1039 so Vendor ID is 1039), and Device ID (in this case DEV_7102 so the Device ID is 7012. You can use these ID's to figure out what hardware it is.

If you look up the Vendor ID in this case, (1039) you get SiS
And the the Device ID (7012), you get the SiS 7012 Sound chip, thus you need the SiS 7012 sound drivers for that chip.

You can look up Vendor and Device ID's at www.pcidatabase.com.

Hope this helps!

Troy MacDonald