Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Completed New Build, but can't get PC to install MB drivers

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I finished putting together my desktop PC build today and cannot get the MB drivers to install. I've set the boot order in BIOS to boot from the DVD drive and the installation CD is in the drive. When I start up the PC, this is what shows up:
Posted Image
Specs:
Motherboard Fatal1ty Z87 Killer
OS Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I would have thought the MB installation CD would auto start and install, but instead I get the above screen and a DOS prompt. Any ideas?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Webslinger64.
Providing you have successfully installed the OS and it booted to the desktop.
Remove the MB disc for the tray.
Restart the computer, Windows should load to the desktop.
Insert the MB disk in the tray, it should Auto run.
This next bit is up to you.
There should be options on one of the screens, Express install and, something like, custom or advance. Express install will load everything, including the trials/bloatware.
Second option gives you choices.
All boxes should be ticked, except, your choice, trials/bloatware.
I never install the trial Anti Virus. I use Avast! Free. > http://www.avast.com/index

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Gday Webslinger64.
Providing you have successfully installed the OS and it booted to the desktop.
Remove the MB disc for the tray.
Restart the computer, Windows should load to the desktop.
Insert the MB disk in the tray, it should Auto run.
This next bit is up to you.
There should be options on one of the screens, Express install and, something like, custom or advance. Express install will load everything, including the trials/bloatware.
Second option gives you choices.
All boxes should be ticked, except, your choice, trials/bloatware.
I never install the trial Anti Virus. I use Avast! Free. > http://www.avast.com/index

Thanks for the reply iammykyl! That did the trick and MB drivers are installed minus the trials/bloatware. BTW, thank you for pointing that out. I would have just allowed the disc to auto install everything and I'm glad I didn't. I have used Avast for years now and have always been happy with it. Will do so again for this PC. Cheers to you mate :cheers:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Your most welcome Webslinger64Posted Image
Couple of tips. When you install any programs, say Office, I have it configured not to start with Windows and not to Auto update, all but essential programs are set like that.
Manually set a Restore Point when making alterations. Create a drive image and Recovery media.

Good luck.