Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions about Advanced Systemcare

• Please log in to reply

passingthru

passingthru

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I've been advised at this site to stop using "system optimizer software" like Advanced Systemcare, but when I told my brother I was considering uninstalling it he was dubious. He claims to have used AS on his computer for some time without experiencing any problems at all. I'm feeling a bit conflicted. Suffice it to say that for the moment, although I haven't uninstalled it yet, I'm using it FAR less now.

Today I decided to run a scan on my computer with Systemcare without using the registry defrag feature or anything else. It was just a scan. The results came back saying I had 92 registry errors, 444 privacy issues(my browser I assume), 857.3 MB in junk files, 12 shortcut errors, 1 registry fragment and 1 disk error. It says my security is in the yellow "medium" zone. My performance is in the yellow as well. However, my stability is in the "bad" red zone.

I would just as soon ignore it all if not for it having my computer in the "red" zone. Should I be alarmed? Is it okay to use other aspects of Advanced Systemcare other than it's three registry related features? (them being "registry errors", "registry fragments" and "fragmented files"?) What about the 857.3 MB in junk files, should I give the go-ahead to clean that out? What about the "security holes" and "browser issues"? They came out just fine during this scan so I don't have to do anything anyway, but if they didn't would letting it "fix" them be safe or could it potentially cause more problems?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If you've been using it all along with no problems, continue to do s but as you said, don't use the registry tools unless you understand what is being removed / changed.

Create a System Restore point before running so you can recover if problems and you should be okay.

passingthru

passingthru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

If you've been using it all along with no problems, continue to do s but as you said, don't use the registry tools unless you understand what is being removed / changed.

Create a System Restore point before running so you can recover if problems and you should be okay.

What about the scan saying my stability is in the "red" zone? Should I be alarmed about that? Could the 1 disk error be causing it? Is that dangerous, should I use the fix feature that covers that? Are junk files okay to "fix"?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I have never used ASC so have no experience with it, sorry.

Does it say why stability it red?

passingthru

passingthru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Does it say why stability it red?

No, not at all. :(

It just gave me the results listing I posted earlier, but I went ahead and clicked "repair" for the disk error, the junk files and the shortcut errors. That's all however. Now it has the stability back in the blue "good" zone again.

passingthru

passingthru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just realized something, if you click on the word "registry errors" or "privacy issues" or any of the other results it WILL give you more details and list them specifically. However, what it will NOT do is tell you specifically which of the errors or junk files is the one causing the computer to go into the red zone.

In any case, it's stable again, for now.