Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keys randomly stick (Not physically)

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hello there,

I have been having problems with keyboards on my new Windows 8.1 build. I have been able to replicate this using 2 different USB keyboards (Logitech G15 and Razer BlackWidow).

Every once in a while when I am typing, a key will get "stuck" and type out several times on the screen. So for example, if I was typing the word update, it might look like this.

updattttttttttttttttttttttte

At first I thought it was the keyboard, but since I have switched and just had it happen on the new keyboard.

I have switched USB ports on my mobo and that didnt seem to help it.

I am using the default Windows drivers as well for the keyboard.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
You tried it with the drivers specifically for the keyboard? Bundled with a disk?

You can look in device manager and see if there's a flag on your keyboard.

If all is ok then I would suspect the keyboard buffer on your board, ie; defective.