Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Google Drive - Desktop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My OS: Win 7-64bit

I've uploaded important videos and documents I always need to my Drive. I do it through my mobile and manually by going onto Drive site and upload it. They were all about 10GB.

Very recently, I installed Google Drive App in my system. Now it started downloading all those things 10GB extra again into my system.

I want my Google Drive just sync whats in my system to the server & show a preview or list what is there on the server, when I want a particular item available offline then I want to download it as offline. This is available on Mobile Version.

Is there anyway, I can do this on my Desktop version of Drive>?

Every time, when I activate Drive to drop some folder to upload, it keeps syncing everything on my system (all the 10GB). So, I've go to web version & upload it.

Please help me out.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
I believe what your looking for can be found here: