Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Factory Specs

• Please log in to reply

MadameCappy

MadameCappy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I bought a used Dell on Ebay, (IT'S NOT HERE YET) I'm reselling it and I would like to know what the factory Config settings were, If it's a SATA or the older ATA DRIVE? I have a 250GB SATA Drive I'd like to THROW in it and more Ram before I turn it over. I looked on Dell Support and it's not helping me much, most of the help I need the machine connected to them. No luck with the seller either. Worst Case Scenario, I'll find out in a week, but I'd appreciate any advice or knowledge out there so I don't have to wait and I can generate some moolah for Santa and his Elves!

service tag: 33FB6F1, This is the the current configuration Dell Inspiron 1521 - AMD Turion ™ 64 x 2 Dual Core TL-58 @ 1.90 GHz --- 2 GB Ram– 120 Gig Hard Drive–15.4" LCDManufacturer/Model: Dell Inspiron 1521

Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 x 2 Dual Core TL-58 @ 1.90 GHz
Hard drive: 120 GB
RAM: 2.0 GB

Screen Size: 15.4" Screen

Running Windows Vista Premium

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,760 posts
Gday MadameCappy Posted Image
This site sells used drives, please read all the information on the page, note, if you change the HDD you may need media to install the OS. > http://www.discounte...oduct_model=174
Download the service manual, you will have to scroll to Hard Drive as the pages are not numbered. > http://www.dell.com/...33FB6F1/manuals

MadameCappy

MadameCappy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much for your help, I am off and running, wish me luck! I'll let you know if it was a success!
Much Love and Light, Cappy

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,760 posts
Posted ImagePosted Image