Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

R.A.T. 7 Gaming Mouse installation?

• Please log in to reply

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
My cousin upgraded his mouse, and just gave me his old Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming Mouse. Everything was in the box, CD included. I've tried everything I know to get the mouse to work, but now I'm just lost. I popped in the CD, let it run and try installing the drivers, then plugged in the mouse. It never started to work. So I went to the website to find the drivers on my own, ran it, and there's a part in the setup where it says "please plug in the controller(s) to continue." No matter when I plug in the mouse, or what port I use, the program never detects it.

I have found the mouse in my device manager as a Human Interface Device. I can't go into the details, or the device manager stops responding. I also can not uninstall the mouse, and I've tried manually installing the drivers though the settings, but that didn't work either. Any help would be ever so greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Have you tried installing with the mouse already plugged in? I'm thinking the mouse might be shot already.