Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is NetSpark and how do I remove it?

• Please log in to reply

Christy A

Christy A

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a HP laptop running Windows 8 and use Firefox as my browser. My sons use my computer for games and stuff too and during the last few days I noticed that when I perform an internet search the result page comes up but then changes to a different one from something called NetSpark. I have no idea what this is and don't really want it. I researched the company but there is no info on how to get rid of it. I can't find any program or add-ons or anything to delete. Any ideas on this?

Edited by Christy A, 08 December 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Advertisements

Z3n

Z3n

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Christy,

Is this the site in question: http://www.netspark.com ?

If so, do you have any parental controls setup on your router or computer?

I was able to dig up the following solution from NetSpark for parental control: http://www.esafely.com/

If you have no desire for this software, type "about:addons" into your URL bar. Navigate to the "Extensions" tab, and click the Remove button for anything matching "eSafely" and/or "NetSpark".

It might help to ask your son about this, as well.

Christy A

Christy A

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks Xenon! It may be part of the parental controls as you say. That makes sense now! I had never heard of them and it just started coming up. But parental controls were set up not long ago so I got it now.

Thanks!!

Z3n

Z3n

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Thanks Xenon! It may be part of the parental controls as you say. That makes sense now! I had never heard of them and it just started coming up. But parental controls were set up not long ago so I got it now.

Thanks!!

No problem, let me know if you need anything else ;)