Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Important and Urgent Questions regarding Build

• Please log in to reply

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
GDay.

A weird problem has cropped up. Only slight but of course a nagging one. The date and time function don't carry over after midnight. I mean I have been tracking it since these past 2 days Here's what's happening:

Say at 11;30 p.m. I notice it's running at 3:34 p.m.that is the time I shut off my PC last night. Then I changed the date and time accordingly. Now from 11;30 PM to perhaps 12;00 AM it goes fine but yes i actually falls back to 11;30 AM and then again through that half hour now. CMOS battery is low? Or is there some other problem?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
A HP tutorial showing how to check that the correct time zone etc is set.

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I guess I nailed it. Its a BIOS update that I need to get done as per the ASUS EZ Update utility. Will get it done in a few days. already blown my download limit so it will take eons to download anything large. Thanks once again phil!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
Glad you have it sorted and thanks for the follow up :thumbsup:

As ever you are most welcome btw ArionIV :)

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Sorry Phill but nothing has worked out so far. The problem with the clock remains where it was.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
If the cmos battery is low, this may cause the time and date in BIOS not to be saved when you shut down. Even though you have a new MB, the battery could have been quite old/faulty, rare, but has been known. Simple replace it.
Consult the MB manual, pc health?monitoring and replacing the cmos battery. you are looking for Vbat voltage. or if you have Speedfan installed, you can find the Vbat reading near to the bottom of the window.
You will then need to set the time, date and region in the BIOS, then check the setting as the HP guide given by Phillpower2.