Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Important and Urgent Questions regarding Build

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I will stay here for a while.
First answer questions in post 74, then wait for my response.

Advertisements

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Yes the Power LED; the green light is showing on the MoBo. Mentioned it a couple of times earlier I think but the paragraphs are long enough for one to missout reading.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Ok. what about the rest of the questiosns

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Here goes:

Neither the Monitor nor the MoBo speaker were connected.So no beeps and no display as we hadn't provided for it. I insisted on both but the guy helping me wouldn't listen.

Its the 4+4 that's connected alright, the 6+2 is lying loose as its supposed to be.

I guess its probably the DCRT neither of us toched it. Its necessary to power on right?

Also, I'm worried he didn't connect the case fans to their headers it seems. All CHA_FAN slots are lying empty.

Edited by ArionIV, 20 December 2013 - 08:06 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Ok. so you have the power cables correct.
Your RAM is correctly installed.
Your stand offs are correct.

Is your video card installed in the Yellow slot?

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
No Its in the Black top slot. I really need to change that? I mean for powering on's sake.

I of course understand speed advantages etc. But is it like a pre-requisite like A2 and B2 for RAM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
No, OK, leave it in the black slot for now.
As Phillpower2 instructed, disconnect the little 2 pin plugs to the case buttons and LEDs. Install the mini system speaker. see MB manual page #39, Match the + and - on the plug with the + and - pins.>Make sure that the outlet and input from the GPU to monitor match.

Another five min, and we can test.

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I'm sorry but this will have to wait for a bit.

First, there could be a scheduled power cut any minute now. Second, the PSU connector plug has blockhead like pins. I'm lucky that the UPS can take them but none of the wall sockets in my house can. So I need to shut down this old system I'm using to communicate with you.

Further pleas confirm that I must after taking off those 2 pins from case do these steps:

1. Plug in the PSU and Monitor as instructed.And MoBo speaker in its place too
2. Then hit the Direct Key.
3. Then try shorting the pins on the board.

As I write I'm now running on my UPS and there's th scheduled power cut, got to log off. Hope you understand. I'm sorry but there's always trouble with power here.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Not a problem. I will be back on line in about seven hours.

Instructions.
1. Plug in the PSU and Monitor as instructed.And MoBo speaker in its place too
2. Then hit the Direct Key.
3. NO NO. not necessary.
When you press the Direct key, this will power on the system, the same as if you had pushed the power on switch on the case. If you press the Direct key agai, it will shut down the system.

Your computer should go through the POST and display a message on the screen.
Let me know if you hear any beep codes.
also if there is more than just the one green light on the MB.

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
GDay and Good News.

IT WORKED!!!

Ok here are the details:

1. Green Power LED constant
2. Boot Bevice LED constant
3. Only one beep from MoBo speaker
4. I'm sorry for my oversight but the idiot I hired out of bad luck had put in a 6+2 I converted that to a 4+4 .
5. CPU and GPU fans working. I guess even RAM buzzed?! Does it?
6. Monitor Screen took me to UEFI BIOS setup of course minus the CD in under 2 seconds I think, everything was a flash.Even Ma was thrilled to see it work like lightning.

Ok things I need to know:

1. Fan Molex forom PSU and my NZXT case. Which are they?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Well done, congratulations.Posted Image
Remind me, what model your case, 410 or 410 Elite? I will need to download the manual.

Wait, I think it was the 210 or 210 Elite?

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Its 410

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Great news and what a relief for you, well done for spotting that the CPUs ATX power connection was incorrect :thumbsup:

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Thanks Phill, but really its a shame that out of oversight I keep insisting that perhaps I had seen him put in 4+4 but credit to him he had put in 6+2.

Plus the kinda hole it is getting any of the components to be non-functional..oh my you gotta go to the heart of the capital city while you live in the suburbs. And Dad's as busy as perhaps most people are at that level and time of their careers.

Ad I got university exams coming in another 4 months, then after that a set of actuarial exams. Such projects like building one's own system can be given only so much time.

:thumbsup: :happy: :thumbsup:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Please go to the site and select your case, > http://www.winhelp.u...uppy-linux.html sorry wronglink.

Gday Phillpower2, Posted Image Hope you had a good day out.