Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Important and Urgent Questions regarding Build

• Please log in to reply

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Wait what's it for? I needed to learn how to make the case fan connections.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Sorry about that, wrong link, http://www.nzxt.com/...oducts/1-cases#

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I need to know what fans are installed.
Have you connected up the front USB sockets and the sound.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts
You are most welcome ArionIV :)

The saving grace here is that no harm has apparently been done + you have learned so much along the way that you will not only be able to upgrade and/or build your own computers in the future and so not need the paid for services of anyone else ;)

Yes had a good day out thanks Michael :thumbsup: Back to reality today with the 4yr old grandson buzzing around the place :happy:

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Sorry but the manual's again just too bare for my liking. I must admit I founf youtube videos of guys actually fixing up the case more helpful.But problem again is nobody mentions the fan. Once they place MoBo, make PSu connections, they complete the rig and show off the working fans and LED lights.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
OK. Just tell Us what fans are installed,

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Only the three fans that came with the case. Trouble is there seem to be 4 of those 3 pin connectors in my hands. No sign of a molex on the case alhough here're 2-3 molexes on the PSU.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
You will not need to use any molex conncters for the fans. You will just use the little 3 pin???? plugs.
The cable from the rear fan plugs into Sys fan 1 MB manual #3, on the left side of the board. fix then post back.

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Ok I needed to make it a little bit clearer.

These three fans have got a fan controller, so their connectors go tothis controller's molex as I heard on Hi-Tech Legion's video, they didn't show how it;'s done. Further they said that this fan-controller molex needs to be connected to the PSU molex. There was some talk about male and female molex being plugged into one another.

And also this case supports 7 fans. Isn't it so that the extra fans go to the CHA-FAN 4-pin type, and also I had tried individual connections but its not even a loose fit:

3-pin fan cnonectors to 4-pin CH-FAN on the MoBo?

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Also, there's a black block with 8-9 pins just like the yellow q-connector. Where does that go?

Advertisements

ArionIV

ArionIV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
http://www.tomshardw...ntom-connectors

This guy had the same problem. though he was able to locate both molexes unlike me.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
The rear exhaust should be controlled by the MB, the same as the CPU fan, this is for safety as when the MB temp rises, the rear fan will speed up automatic to expel more heat. Please look in the MB manual page 34. they are 4 pin sockets but a 3 pin plug will fit, but only one way as there is a little key block. the rear fans goes on D

What is written on the black block, HD or AC-

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I have now got your case manual, but very late so going offline. I know this is a bit frustrating, but please do not just plug things in as you might think. I would also advise not to switch on until we know all wiring is correct.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
First, if you have not already done so, connecting your fans.
the image is just to show the plug/socket type, ignore the cable.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Second, connect power to the Fan Controller.