Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD DVD drive problems

• Please log in to reply

jennroland79

jennroland79

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a gateway laptop T-series Model W350I and my CD DVD drive is acting up. It will read original DVD's and CD's but anything that is burned or has data written on the disc it won't read. It spins and attempts to read it but will not load up. I have cleaned the lens and the entire space where the disc sits but nothing works. When I check for driver updates it tells me that it is up to date and that the device is working properly, so what gives? Everything worked fine before my hard drive crashed and I had it re-installed by a professional and had windows Vista re-installed on it too and it just would not read CD's after that.

Advertisements