Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my browser has been seeming like its running slowly for a while now

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kala83

kala83

• Pip
  • 1 posts
so my browser seems to run fairly slow not horribly so but enough to be slightly annoying I have tried as many thing as I can think of to clean my system out as possible but the problem still seems to exist if anyone can help out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hello kala83 :welcome:

My name is Nutloaf, and I will be helping you with Malware Removal.

I am currently in training and my posts will need to be reviewed by an expert, so expect a slight delay between posts. :)

Please read all instructions and fixes thoroughly.
  • I would advise printing any instructions for easy reference as some of the fixes may require you to boot in Safe mode and access to the GeeksToGo website will be unavailable.
  • Any fixes provided by myself are for this log file only and cannot be used on any other systems.
  • Do not run any other removal software or perform updates other than the ones I provide, as it will complicate the cleaning process.
  • You have 4 days to reply to each post or the topic will be closed. You will be able to request that the topic be re-opened if you still require assitance.
  • Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you are having problems with my instructions.

Finally before we start:

Removing malware is a complicated multiple step process, Please stay with me until I have declared your system clean. I strongly recommend you backup your personal files and folders.

Onwards and Upwards :)

Follow in the order given

1. DOWNLOAD OTL

• Using this link Download OTL and save it to your Desktop
  • If saved to another location, right click the OTL icon and Select Cut then right click on Desktop and select Paste
  • Right click the OTL icon and select Run as Administrator. (XP USERS - Double-click the OTL icon)
  • Make sure the following boxes are checked:
  • Scan All Users
  • Use Company-Name WhiteList
  • Skip Microsoft Files
  • Use No-Company-Name WhiteList
  • LOP Check
  • Purity Check
  • In the Extra Registry box select Use Safe List
  • Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans\Fixes box without the word Quote.

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    /md5stop
    dir C:\ /S /A:L /C

• Now Click Run Scan
  • OTL will now scan your computer and produce 2 log files. OTL.txt and Extras.txt.
  • Post both in your next reply

2. aswMBR

• Using this link download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
  • Right click aswMBR.exe and Run as Administrator (XP USERS - Double-click the aswMBR icon) select No for AVAST virus definitions.
  • Click the Scan button to start.
  • When the scan ends click Save Log and save it to your desktop
  • Post this log in your next reply

3. Run ADWcleaner

• Using this link Download ADWcleaner and save to Desktop.
  • Right click ADWcleaner and Run as Administrator (XP USERS - Double-click the ADWcleaner icon) then select Scan
  • When the search is complete click Report. Please post this report in your next reply.

4. Security Check

Download Security Check from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Things I want to see in your next post.
  • OTL.txt
  • Extras.txt
  • ASWmbr log
  • ADWcleaner report.
  • checkup.txt

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Still in need of help?