Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forgot my password on Microsoft Outlook 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

emjustine

emjustine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there
I am on my work computer in the office, I went into my email address on outlook and it came up wanting my password, but because it hasn't asked for it in quite a long time, I have totally forgotten what it is. I can't figure out how to recover it.
Please help me as it won't let me see any new emails and I need to be able to.
Thank you
Emily

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Outlook doesn't have a password unless you set one on the pst fil. You're probably being asked for the mail account's password. For most mail accounts you can go to the site and click the "Forgot Password" link shown at login. You'll hopefully will have a recover password mail account you can access. Or, you might get through on the security questions to reset your password. Example for GMail.Or, see

Change Password in Outlook 2010