Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shuts down after some secconds

• Please log in to reply

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey there,

I did like you said. I tryed also every Ram slot. It just wont work, its 5 secconds and it shuts off again. I have a feeling the motherboard is dead. Because everything else works. I tryed today at my friend, he has some computers he trys stuff on and both the sempron and the Athlon 6800+ worked, same with my rams. I think its better if i just buy a motherboard of him. Sorry for wasting your time Iammykyl. You been a great help!
Good luck to you and merry christmas!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
OK. You have not waisted my time, glad to help.
Keep in mind,
Use 2 stick of matched, (kit) RAM, 2x2GB = 4GB. 2X4GB = 8GB. will run in Duel Channel.
If you add just one more stick, they will all run in single channel mode or, fail to run.
More question or help, please post.
And a merry Christmas to you.

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
-- Update! Still wanna use this thread if possible! --

So i was testing around on my motherboard today and i tested alot of stuff and one thing that made it not shut down at all was: I unplugged the 4-Pin cable that you put on the motherboard from the powersupply. Now it runs BUT it doesnt show anything on the monitor, its all black. It didnt also do any "Beep" sound at start. All quiet and it started. I tryed putting the 4-pin powersupply cable in after i shut it down but it did the same old thing, shutting down after 5 secconds. I tryed the Onboard Graphiccard, i tryed 3 different graphic cards and still nothing on the monitor. I just wanted to say this, maybe there is still some hope!

Thanks and merry christmas
-Hubbs.

Update: I just put in the Keyboard and the lights are on at the keyboard, still no sign on the monitor.
Currently running with: CPU+CPU Fan - Graphic Card - 2 Rams (Tryed with 1 Ram) - 24 Pin cable from Power Supply - Start button.

Edited by Hubbs, 18 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
A system can run without the ATX12v connected but not boot properly.
If it crashes when connecting the cable.
Test with a known working PSU, if you remove the GPU, use the onboard graphics, a 450w would do. if you can boot, your PSU is faulty.
if it still crashes, test you CPU/RAM on another board. onboard graphics first if possible, then add you GPU. if you can boot, your MB is faulty.

Is the Asus M2NPV-VM new, still under warranty?

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
The motherboard doesnt have a warranty, its been used. But when he used it, it worked. I also tryed the onboard graphic and nothing happend either. This is the only AM2 motherboard i have so its gonna be abit hard. But like i said on my previous post i tryed my cpu+ram and my powersupply on my friends AM2 Motherboard and it worked perfectly. Its just my motherboard that wont work somehow. I also tryed putting in the 4-Pin Cable while the computer was on, nothing happend there either. And my PowerSupply works with no problem on my other computer (Socket 939)

Edited by Hubbs, 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Given that your PSU powers up another computer, it does look like the MB is faulty which was your feeling in post 16. There may be something wrong with the 4 pin socket or a trace on the board. You may be able to see some damage.
If you want to use the AM2Athlon 64 X2ADA5800IAA5DO76WBrisbane3000MHz1000MHz512KBx2N/AG2AllThere is only one MB for sale on Newegg. > http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813157274 and is on the CPU support list > http://www.asrock.co...Model=A785GM-LE

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey there! I bought a MSI K9N Neo Motherboard today from a shop downtown, it was used sometime ago but not for that long. Was used for just checking email and so on for a month. I bought it for 5Euro and i tested it out today and it works perfect with my parts!!!! So i guess it was the motherboard overall. Thanks alot again Iammykyl! You been a awesome supporter my friend.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
-Hubbs.