Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Graphics Card!

• Please log in to reply

lauren4

lauren4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion Slimline 400
This is the link to the specific computer:
HP Pavilion Slimline 400

I am currently playing The Sims 3 on it. I understand that this is not the optimal computer to be playing this type of game on, but it's worked fine up until the most recent expansions packs. I need help finding a graphics card (and potentially power supply) that would be compatible for this computer and it's size.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome,

You may not have much luck trying to fit everything in to that case. I can find a decent graphics card that comes in low profile form factor here: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102958

But it requires a 400W PSU, and after some research... I'm not sure exactly what form factor of PSU HP have put inside your current PC. It says it's a 220W, so I definitely wouldn't trust it with that particular graphics card.

I remember using some slimline power supplies in the past to fit certain Antec cases, however according to their website, "Created exclusively for the Antec Minuet 350 microATX case" so it might not be the correct size. http://store.antec.c...45-27352-7.aspx

Cheers