Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung LCD 27" monitor

• Please log in to reply

Sabrinatiger

Sabrinatiger

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I turned on the computer the monitor (27'' Samsung LCD) displayed 'Check Signal Cable'. I checked the cable to make sure nothing was loose, but it was intact. I tried another monitor and cable on the compute, works perfect. So what happened to my monitor?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Using the menu on the monitor, check to see if it is set to the correct type of input, (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.).

Also check and make sure non of the pins on the connector(s) are bent over.

Sabrinatiger

Sabrinatiger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The monitor is set to the correct type of input DVI (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.) and non of the pins on the connector(s) are bent over (new cord, which works with different monitor).

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If it also doesn't work on at least one other computer, more than likely it's dead. :(